Your business needs a list of email subscribers and I am about to explain why
For some reason many businesses don’t feel it’s necessary to build a list of email subscribers .
At a networking event I was sponsoring I met a woman who sells beautiful jewelry. As we chatted she excitedly told me how many visitors she had to her site daily. I told her that was wonderful and asked what she was using as an opt-in. She looked at me blankly and said, “What’s an opt-in?” I explained that when someone comes to her site they see some type of opt-in form. It could be to sign up for a newsletter, free e-book etc.
Then she asked, “Why should I have something like that? I’m getting all this great traffic?” My response was, “ Let’s say someone comes to your site but doesn’t make a purchase. They forget they even came to your site because they’ve already been to several other jewelry sites. You’ve lost the potential to have that person as a customer. Now let’s think about a special offer you have or the fact that you’ll have a booth at an upcoming event. How will you make sure people get that information? If they don’t come back to your site they won’t see your “announcement”. You need to be able to reach out to them via email and to do that you will need a list of email subscribers.
The wheels were turning and she started grasping what I was saying. It made me think about the other businesses I came in contact with that day.
Maybe you are just starting out and if so this is the best time to start building your list of email subscribers.
I’m going to share 10 reasons you want a list of email subscribers whether your business is new or not.
1) Its part of your sales funnel – Today more than ever you need to build relationships with people. They want to connect with you and your business. When they subscribe this is a good way to not only build that relationship but draw them into your sales funnel. Now you have the opportunity to engage with them giving valuable information as well as free and paid offers.
2) Virtual Contact – Email is the most direct way to virtually reach your customers since your message is delivered right into their email box.
3) P Factor – In My book “The Secret Equation To Attracting More Clients” – Marketing + P Factor + Video = $$$$ I talk about the P Factor and how important it is to your business. Your P Factor is your personality. When someone opts in to your list mentally they are making a commitment. With so many other websites vying for their attention you are the one they chose to opt in to. Now you can start to let people know who you are and what you do. This builds your connection with them.
4) Offers – When you have discounts or special offers that are valuable to your
Subscribers you can reach out to them. Make these offers for your list of subscribers only. That’s one of the benefits they receive from being on your email subscribers list.
5) Valuable – Your email subscribers add value to your business. As you build a responsive email list they will share your information with other people, which in turn brings more potential customers to you.
6) Feedback – Your email subscribers can give you valuable feedback. Let’s say you want to create a new product. Reach out to your subscribers and ask what they think of it. Why not ask them about the name of your product. Get them involved. If you’ve built your email list properly then those on your list are your target audience and who better to ask.
7) Communicate – Communicate with those on your list. Get to know them. Interact with them via email. When you get to know them you can make the proper offers at the proper time. Knowing your subscribers will help you create the right offers so you can increase the sales of whatever product or service you are offering.
8) It’s a key element. – If you want to be in business and stay in business you need to have a list of email subscribers. Think of it as your way of virtually networking. Consider that if you don’t capture their email someone else will.
9) Profit – At some point in time you are going to want to use your list to make more sales which means making a profit.
10) Community – Building a list of email subscribers is a way to build your community. As more and more people join your list they become your fans. Your goal is to nurture and find ways to help them. When you do that you will draw the right type of subscribers to your list.
Treat your list of email subscribers like you would like to be treated and they will look forward to opening your emails.