10 holiday marketing ideas that can drive traffic and sales to your cyber business
Did you know that $600 billion will be brought in this holiday season? I am hearing the “Cha-Ching” sound effect and now that I said that I am sure you are too. Now if your timing and planning is right you can cash in on this by driving sales to your website everyday. All you have to do is implement these simple marketing ideas to YOUR cyber business.
First, here is what we have to work with:
- Black Friday– Black Friday starts the day after Thanksgiving and is noted as the traditional first day of Christmas shopping.
- CyberMonday– Cyber Monday begins the following Monday after Thanksgiving and is promoted by online retailers as the day for amazing bargains.
- Small Business Saturday– Small Business Saturday is held the following Saturday after Thanksgiving and is noted as the busiest shopping period of the year.
- Day After Christmas– The Day After Christmas is the third-busiest shopping day of the year.
Ready to start planning? Here are 10 marketing ideas you can use for each of the days above:
1. Stay ahead of the game with print collateral
Get to printing your business cards, postcards, and fliers way ahead of time and start mailing away.
2. Market to your target audience
I know you want to sale to everyone but if you market to your target audience you are likely to have a larger success rate.
3. Create time limited offers
Creating limited time offers create an urgency for customers to get in on the sale.
4. Advertise on holiday gift guides
This is one of my favorite marketing ideas. There are many holiday gift guides available to advertise on every year and most are very affordable. Start looking for one now and reap the benefits.
5. Run a contest or giveaway
This is a fantastic way to create interest in your business and drive traffic to it as well.
6. Create Daily Deals
This is a fantastic way to get shoppers to re-visit your website. Keep them coming back with a daily deal or special.
7. Give back
The holidays are not just about receiving but giving to. Giving back can also help create a good buzz for your business.
8. Send out emails
Money is the list. Create and send out a newsletter with sales in it frequently.
9. Offer free or affordable gift wrapping service
Again shoppers love to get something for FREE or for cheap. If you offer beautiful gift packaging or wrapping shoppers will want to purchase from you and your creative gift wrapping will make you stand out from your competitors.
10. Add your sales and specials to your social media outlets
Again , this will drive traffic to your website. Be sure that you add your daily specials, ad announcements, etc…to Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Google+.
Did you enjoy these marketing ideas? If you have some marketing ideas of your own that you would like to share just add them in the comments below.